Still not sure what to do on our nation’s 151st birthday?
There are plenty of activities taking place throughout Greater Victoria on Canada Day, including musical performances, gourmet offerings, colourful parades, fireworks, and more.
Here are 7 events to check out:
- What: An exciting day full of family entertainment from live music, events and of course fireworks!
- When/where: Downtown Victoria
- 12:00-5:00pm: Kid’s Zone
- 12:00-Dusk: Flavour of Canada Food Village at Government and Belleville Street
- 12:30pm: Coast Capital Savings living flag t-shirt pickup
- 2:00pm: Coast Capital Savings living flag photos
- 3:00pm: Indigenous Blessing
- 3:15pm: Lekwungen Dancers
- 3:30pm: Singing of the National Anthem
- 3:45pm: Wong Sheung Kung-Fu Club
- 4:10pm: Uminari Taiko
- 4:50pm: Coast Capital Savings Youth Band
- 5:20pm: Youth Poet Laureate, Agartu Ali
- 5:40pm: Paint the Town Red
- 6:20pm: Olivier Couture
- 7:20pm: Batuque Axé
- 8:20pm: Band of Rascals
- 9:20pm: Carmanah
- 10:20pm: FIREWORKS BEGIN!
PLEASE NOTE: Belleville Street (from Menzies to Douglas Street) will be closed on Canada Day from 6:00am-midnight; Government Street (from Humboldt to Superior Street) will be closed from 4:00pm-midnight.
- What: Fun for the whole family! Parade, pancake breakfast, classic car show, voyageur canoe rides, street hockey, artisans markets and so much more.
- When: Sunday, July 1st, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Along the Gorge Waterway
PLEASE NOTE: The length of Gorge Road West from Tillicum to Admirals Road will be closed to traffic from 7:30am-5:00pm
- What: As per tradition, Sidney kicks off its multi-day Canada Day celebrations events beginning on June 30 with a full day of celebrations on July 1. Follow up the fireworks on June 30th (10:15 p.m.) with a day of activities and games for the whole family to enjoy. Jenga games, hamster balls, balloon creation and magic, inflatable obstacle courses and so much more. Food vendors on site.
- When: Sunday, July 1st, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Sidney
- 8:00 a.m. – Sidney Lions Pancake Breakfast (Mary Winspear)
- 11:30 a.m. – Sidney Canada Day Parade (Downtown)
- 12:30 p.m. – Mayor & Council – free ice cream until supplies last (Iroquois Park)
- 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Family Fun Fair (Iroquois Park)
- 12 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Slegg Lumber Build-a-Boat (building begins) (Beacon Park)
- 4:30 p.m. – Slegg Lumber Build-a-Boat race launch (Diver’s Point – end of Beacon Ave)
- What: A day filled with activities, live music on site. Food and snacks available. Enjoy a slice of cake. Admission FREE.
- When: Sunday, July 1st, 10:00 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
- Where: Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse, 603 Fort Rodd Hill
- What: Food trucks and food items such as blended jams, sauces, truffles, ice cream and more. Live music and local artisans.
- When: Sunday, July 1st, 10:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Ship Point, Wharf Street
- What: Family-friendly event. Kid games, music, craft fair, face painting, inflatable play zone and more. Bring own chairs or blankets. Fireworks at 10pm!
- When: Sunday, July 1st, 11 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Sooke River Campground
- What: Celebrate Canada Day with the Royal BC Museum. Bring your pennies (you knew you were saving them for a good reason) and step right up to try your hand at an egg-and-spoon race, bean bag toss and other surprises.
- When: Sunday, July 1st, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Grounds surround Helmcken House (638 Douglas Street) and St Ann’s Schoolhouse (835 Humboldt Street)