Negroni fans who need an excuse to indulge in their favourite sip are in luck: Negroni Week is coming to Victoria!
The seven-day celebration starts June 4 and runs to June 10, and is a celebration of the iconic Italian cocktail.
A Negroni is traditionally made with gin, vermouth rosso, and Campari, with an orange peel added as garnish.
Negroni Week launched as a way to celebrate the drink while also raising money for charitable causes. From 2013 to 2017, it grew from about 120 participating venues to over 7,700 venues around the world. To date, they’ve collectively raised nearly $1.5 million.
Here’s a list of the 26 locations in and around Victoria that are participating this year:
- Olo Restaurant (509 Fisgard St)
- Bodega (1210 Broad St)
- The Mint (1414 Douglas St)
- Tapa Bar (620 Trounce Alley)
- The Courtney Room (619 Courtney St)
- Vis-a-Vis (2232 Oak Bay Ave)
- Il Covo Trattoria (106 Superior St)
- Victoria Event Centre (1415 Broad St)
- Canoe Brewpub (450 Swift St)
- Little Jumbo (506 Fort St)
- Q at the Empress (721 Government St)
- 10 Acres Bistro (611 Courtney St)
- Pagliacci’s (1011 Broad St)
- Swans Hotel & Brewpub (506 Pandora Ave)
- Clive’s Classic Lounge (740 Burdett Ave)
- Famoso, Market Square (560 Johnson St)
- Pizzeria Prima Strada (1990 Fort St)
- Pizzeria Prima Strada (230 Cook St)
- Cafe Mexico (1425 Mexico St)
- Veneto Kitchen & Bar (1450 Douglas St)
- Agrius Restaurant (732 Yates St)
- Copper Owl (1900 Douglas St)
- Sült Pierogi Bar (609 Yates St)
- Clarke and Co (1002 Blanshard St)
- Cenote Restaurant and Lounge (768 Yates St)
- 10 Acres Commons (620 Humboldt St)