Looks like BC wine isn’t the only thing our province is famous for!
The 2018 World Beer Cup awards were hosted in Nashville, Tennessee last week, and Canadian beers bagged 14 awards, earning them second place overall after the United States.
Out of those fourteen breweries, a whopping nine of them are located in British Columbia, proving once and for all that we take our drinks seriously!
Over 200 beer connoisseurs judged a total of 8,234 beers from 2,515 breweries in 66 countries over three days, before coming up with the rankings.
Award winning BC beers:
Riot Brewing Co.
- Gold – Working Class Hero Dark Mild (English-Style Mild Ale),
- Bronze – Breakfast of Champions Coffee Lager (English-Style Mild Ale)
- Gold – Old Jalopy Pale Ale (Extra Special Bitter)
Ravens Brewing Co.
- Gold – Corvus Lingonberry Lime Gose (Leipzig-Style Gose or Contemporary Gose)
Coal Harbour Brewing Co.
- Silver – Smoke & Mirrors Imperial Smoked Ale (Smoke Beer)
Steamworks Brewing Co.
- Silver – Scarlet (Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer)
Four Winds Brewing Co.
- Silver – Juxtapose (American-Belgo-Style Ale)
33 Acres Brewing Co.
- Silver – 33 Acres of Euphoria (Belgian-Style Tripel)
Whistler Brewing Co.
- Bronze – Black Tusk Ale (English-Style Mild Ale)