With spring on the horizon, it’s time to start fantasizing about sunglasses and sunscreen, camping in the great outdoors, and surrounding yourself with great people and even better music.
Wideglide Entertainment, the folks behind SunFest, have announced a new festival series: the Laketown Shakedowns.
Laketown Shakedowns is a series of three outdoor festivals throughout the summer, all set to take place at the gorgeous Laketown Ranch in Cowichan Valley.
- The first rendition of the series will take place over May Long weekend, from May 18-20.
- The second iteration of the event will be the Lake Days Weekend from June 8-9
- The third and final leg will take place over Labour Day Weekend, August 31 – September 2.
Tickets for the May Long Shakedown will go on sale March 16th, at 9am. Early bird tickets are just $99, with camping sold separately.
Lineup announced for May Long Laketown Shakedown
The May Long Laketown Shakedown has a fantastic lineup of local musicians.
Three Victoria-based bands will be headlining the festival, along with a plethora of other great acts to round out the weekend.
Towers and Trees will be featured on Friday night, Jon and Roy will be the main act for Saturday night, and Current Swell will finish the weekend on Sunday evening.
The full May Long Laketown Shakedown lineup includes:
- Current Swell
- Jon and Roy
- Towers and Trees
- Neon Steve
- Sam Weber
- Mt. Doyle
- Fintan O’Brien
- DJ Boitano ft. Dave Zellinsky
- Maverick Cinema
- GI Blunt
- Matt Rose
- Andrew Allsgood
- Lito Ford
- Where: Laketown Ranch Music and Recreation Park, 648 – 8811 Youbou Road, Lake Cowichan, BC
- When: May 18th – 20th.
- Admission: Tickets go on sale March 16th at 9AM.