The funeral for six-year-old Chloe Berry and her four-year-old sister Aubrey Berry who were allegedly killed by their father on Christmas Day will be held on Friday, January 12th.
The service, which will be open to the public, is going to take place at 11 a.m. at Christ Church Cathedral, according to family friend and spokesperson Trisha Lees.
The two sisters were found slain in an apartment on Beach Drive, while their father, Andrew Berry, was taken to the hospital with self-inflicted wounds, under police guard.
The 43-year-old father has since been arrested and charged with two counts of 2nd-degree murder upon his release from the hospital.
Finding a way to heal
The community rallied together at a candle-light vigil for the sisters on Saturday, December 30th on Willows Beach, in an effort to honour their memory and start the healing process.
A scholarship fund for Christ Church Cathedral School has been also established in their memory. Community members are encouraged to donate to the Chloe and Aubrey Berry Scholarship Fund.
- To donate by phone, using a credit card, call 250-381-5532
- Send a cheque to the Victoria Foundation (or drop it off in person) at #200-703 Broughton St., Victoria, B.C. V8W 1E2. Make sure the cheque is made out to The Victoria Foundation and note the Chloe and Aubrey Berry Scholarship Fund in the memo line or in a cover letter.
- Click here to make a donation online through CanadaHelps
Funeral for Chloe and Aubrey Berry
- When: Friday, January 12th, 11 AM
- Where: Christ Church Cathedral, 930 Burdett Ave