(Victoria Buzz stock images)

Victoria police have issued a warning after another person was pricked by a needle in downtown Victoria.

Earlier this week, a 3-year-old child was pricked by a needle at the McDonald’s restaurant on Pandora Avenue. The parents noticed an uncapped syringe when the child started to cry.

In the lastest incident, a woman was walking her dog on Tuesday night in the 700-block of Pembroke Street when the dog started to grab a paper bag next to a garbage can. She swiped the bag away and felt a needle prick her hand.

When she opened the bag she found a number of uncapped syringes.

Police said there is no indication that the bag was placed there with malicious intent and it is believed that the bag was improperly disposed of.

The woman was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Police are urging those who use needles to learn how to dispose of them safely.

Facebook Conversations

- Advertisement -