This month is packed with Victoria Royals home games, including Victoria Buzz night on November 14th (wink wink, nudge nudge). But tonight, the boys in blue will look to knock down the Edmonton Oil Kings for the second time this season, on Canadian Forces Appreciation Night.
Having won 6 of their last 10 games, the Royals will look to continue their solid play as their league-leading offence remains a potent threat on any given night.
Canadian Forces Appreciation Night
With Remembrance Day just around the corner, the Royals will be honouring veterans and military personnel across the country. The Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy will perform Oh Canada, and military vehicles will be on display around the concourse at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
A bomb disposal robot called tEODor (Explosive Ordnance Robot) will also deliver the puck for the ceremonial drop.
A selection of vintage Victoria Royals jerseys worn on Turn Back the Clock Night will also be available for auction. Funds raised from the silent auction will benefit the Victoria Royals Education and Scholarship fund.
Victoria Royals Quick Stats
- 1st in BC Division with 13 wins, 5 losses, 1 overtime loss.
- 1st in league goal scoring with 93 through 19 games (4.89 per game).
- Captain Matthew Phillips has had the longest point streak in the league, tallying 15 goals and 19 assists over a 17-game streak.
- Goaltender Griffen Outhouse is 2nd league save percentage (minimum 7 starts), with a .922 save percentage.
- The Royals have yet to lose 3 consecutive hockey games
- Royals veteran Tyler Soy is closing in on the franchise record for points with 258, needing just 6 more to tie former Royal and Chilliwack Bruin Brandon Magee, who scored 264 points.
Royals vs Oil Kings on Canadian Forces Appreciation Night
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Center
- Puck drop: 7:05pm.
- Tickets: Get em here!