The City of Victoria and the Greater Victoria Public Library system have teamed up to bring a brand new library to the James Bay area in early 2018.
This branch will be located at the corner of Superior and Menzies Streets, and is receiving $1.5 million of funding from the city.
There will be an open house on November 4th where the public can learn more about the library, and its new facilities.
Some of its highlights
- Wi-Fi enabled outdoor reading space
- Family-friendly children’s area
- Two study rooms available for booking
- A community meeting room that can seat 60 people
- Public computers, a laptop bar, and mobile charging station
- And much more!
“The new branch in James Bay is a significant community asset for those who live and work in Victoria,” says Maureen Sawa, CEO of the Greater Victoria Public Library. “This will be the 12th branch in the Greater Victoria Public Library system. On behalf of our Library Board and staff, we are proud of what this addition represents: high-quality library service that is responsive to community needs.”
James Bay library Open House
- When: Saturday, November 4th, 11 AM – 3 PM
- Where: Central Branch Community Room, 735 Broughton St, Victoria