The 15th Anniversary of Ocean 98.5 Radiothon for Kids kicks off next week.
Tune into Ocean 98.5 on May 11 and 12 from 6 am to 6 pm to hear stories about Vancouver Island children and families who received treatment at BC Children’s Hospital.
Hundreds of individuals call the phone bank every year to show their support for local families and donate to BC Children’s Hospital.
Last year over 48 stories were shared and $128,000 raised to help B.C. kids.
This year’s event is shaping up to be the best yet offering listeners a chance to:
- Double their impact: Sponsors and generous Ocean 98.5 listeners have the chance to double every dollar they donate! Tune in to learn more about the many gift-matching opportunities available to you.
- Fund technology that saves lives: Funds raised will support critically needed medical equipment at BC Children’s Hospital.
- Make a lasting impression: Become a monthly donor for less a cup of coffee each day and give hope to more than 2,700 local kids.
- Place a bid that makes a difference: Join Ocean 98.5 and Victoria Buzz onsite at Hillside Centre to be part of the fun, and bid on the great items in the Silent Auction.
On average, more than 2,700 children from Vancouver Island are treated at BC Children’s Hospital each year, that’s the equivalent of seven local kids every single day.
Funds raised through the Radiothon will go towards the The Excellence in Child Health Fund which supports research into childhood diseases, life-saving equipment, rehabilitation, and the most urgent needs of the hospital.
Since its inception, Radiothon has raised over $2 Million for BC Children’s Hospital and shared over 700 local stories.
This year, to celebrate of the 15th Anniversary the hosts are looking for 15 monthly donors to sign up each day of the broadcast, and to raise a total of $150,000.
- When: May 11 and 12 from 6 am to 6 pm
- Where: At Hillside Mall and on air.