High winds along the south coast of B.C. have forced BC Ferries to cancel all sailings between Victoria and Vancouver.
As of 3 p.m., all sailings crossing the Strait of Georgia have been cancelled until further notice, the company said.
The following routes have been affected:
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Victoria (Swartz Bay)
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Nanaimo (Duke Point)
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Southern Gulf Islands
- West Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) – Nanaimo (Departure Bay)
- West Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) – Sunshine Coast (Langdale)
Environment Canada issued a wind warning for most of Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. Gusts of up to 80km/h are expected.
Check the BC Ferries website for further updates on the cancellations.