Splashdown Waterpark in Tsawwassen which “closed down permanently” last year will reopen this summer as the Big Splash Waterpark after being leased by Executive Hotels & Resorts.
Executive Hotels & Resorts, a Vancouver-based hotel chain is renovating and re-opening the popular waterpark this summer because of “popular demand.”
In addition to re-opening the waterpark, the hotel chain said it would also be opening a new boutique hotel next door to the waterpark, across from the new 1.2 million square foot Tsawwassen Mills shopping mall.
“We will be open for business this summer and look forward to welcoming back all of the waterpark’s loyal guests, as well as thousands of new guests to experience the rejuvenated Big Splash waterpark experience,” Joe Ennis, Director of Services at Executive said in a release.
The company has secured a 99-year lease from the member of the Tsawwassen First Nation who owns the land where the waterpark is located.
Some of the renovations underway at Big Splash include a new clubhouse, a new adults-only hot tub, a new sports bar, Vegas Style Cabana Rental Program, a VIP private viewing deck with DJ stand, and a new Espresso and Gelato Bar.
There will also be a new beer and wine sports bar and a new Splash Cafe Grill food and beverage outlet with an all new menu.
Other additions include:
- All Newly Renovated Pools and Hot Tub
- New Kids Splash Park Equipment and theme
- New Refinishing of All Slides
- New Landscaping, Park Layout, and all new sun splash patio and umbrella furniture program for maximum sunbathing and picnic area
- New Parkwide Sound and Music System with Text Your Song Request program
- New and exciting Birthday, Group and Party Program for Park Buyouts
- Slide, Golf and Shop Program
All-day passes to the attraction will be $28 and special group rates will also be available. Admission will be free for children three-years-old and under.
The Big Splash Waterpark is also planning new slide installations for the 2018 season.