Victoria’s New Year’s Eve, 2017 is full of excitement as we celebrate 150 as a city and as a Canadian nation. It’s a big night of fun with music, entertainment and fireworks at the Spirit of 150 Event downtown from 5pm – 9:30pm.
To give 2016 a memorable sign off dinner, here’s our list of Victoria restaurants to kick off your night. All are within a short walk to the inner harbour evening festivities so you can make it to the show and fireworks. Cheers to new beginnings!
- What: Farm to table and gluten free with dairy free, vegetarian and vegan options as well as responsibly sourced meat to compliment creative cocktails, local beer and an incredible wine list. Hosting a special NYE Eat-with-people-you-love food and beverage pairings to go along with their regular dinner menu.
- Location: 225 Quebec St
- Cost: Entrees from $18-$24
- Reservations: (250) 590-3426
- What: Relaxed atmosphere, signature drinks, delicious food and live music by Blue Moon Marquee equal a recipe for a fantastic New Year’s Eve. 4-course dinner seatings at 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm. View Menu
- Where: 463 Belleville St
- Tickets: $75 (5pm) or $100 (8pm). Wine pairings $30
- Reservations: (250) 380-4458
- What: Celebrate the new year with a nod to Queen Victoria. The Fairmount Empress hosts a five-course menu with live music and sparkling wine at midnight in the gorgeous Q Dining Room – view menu.
- Where: 721 Government St
- Cost: $210 per person, 50% off for children (ages 6 – 12), +$90 for wine pairings
- Reservations: (250) 389-2727
Have you made plans for New Year's Day? Start the New Year right and leave the cooking & cleaning to us! Join us for our spectacular buffet brunch from 10am-3pm featuring fresh seafood, signature dishes, traditional favourites, and, of course, champagne on special! Call us at 250-480-1999 or book through #opentable #champagnebrunch #newyearsday
- What: Choose from two seatings: 5pm-7:30pm for a 3 course feast; 8pm-Midnight for a 3 course feast plus an amuse bouche, and chocolate strawberry & champagne at midnight – view menu!
- Where: 146 Kingston St
- Cost: $65 (5pm) or $95 (8pm)
- Reservations: (250) 480-1999
5. The Local
- What: A fantastic menu with some of the best pub food you’ll find boasting a variety of food styles. They’re sure to have a favourite for each member in your party – view menu.
- Where: 1205 Wharf St
- Cost: Entrees from $16-$24
- Reservations: 250 385-1999
- What: A gorgeous harbour view patio and a celebratory atmosphere. Lure’s menu is enticing with traditional favourites and exciting new dishes to try – we hear their Philips lager battered Halibut is out of this world. A 15-minute walk to the inner harbour – view menu.
- Where: 100 Harbour Rd
- Cost: Entrees from $15-$29
- Reservations: Here Reservations not available for the patio.
- What: The Island’s most authentic Italian restaurant experience. They boast award winning menu, unique wine list, a stunning location and great staff. An experience to remember – view menu.
- Where: 820 Yates St
- Cost: Entrees from $16-$32
- Reservations: On their website or by phone 250-360-1171
- What: Our pick for NYE dinner of the three 10 Acres locations. A farm-to-table restaurant sourced from the Saanich Peninsula, and like-minded farmers, food purveyors + fishermen, 10 Acres Kitchen’s menu has a focus on exquisite seafood – view menu.
- Where: 614 Humboldt St
- Cost: $18-$39
- Reservations: 250.385.4512
Know of another place? Add it in the commets below!